The sad tale of the egg and the ring 2019
I found a Pheasants egg... laying in the middle of the lawn.... complete and intact though cold as a stone.... usually its random golf balls being left in my path, by the birds for me to find... so it made a change to be an actual egg....
Bending down and picking it up... I tried to warm it in the palm of my hand... taking it inside and gently laid it in a nest of feathers, rose petals and dried herbs. a little later I realized id lost my silver signet ring... the one with inscription,s of the language of the birds, and Ogham script.... sadly... I looked around, retreating my steps, but could’ nt find my lost ring...
I recon it was the tricky Jackdaw.. done a swap... a pheasants egg for a peasants ring.... all morning, I had felt I was being watched, out of the corner of my eye.. I could see that pesky jackdaw spirit, peeping at me... he must have spied, my silver ring, glinting in the sunlight, sparkling bright, tempting him...
And as bent down to retrieve that lonely fallen egg... my ring slipped off my little finger into the grass, laying, lost... the trickster, preening his glossy feather,s in mischievious glee creeping up behind, snatching my ring, and fluttering off into dark yonder woods, never to be seen again...
Comments
Post a Comment