Bird empathy Tracey George 1 September 2019 ·

 Id been going to the summer hut up the garden for a rest, for severel days now, done some smudgeing, and meditation, and was napping, on the daybed, me and Nessie the little dog im looking after, .... we kept hearing clattering sounds, and wasnt sure where it was coming from,... all day id been up the hut and back again, (needing a wee,) and my lungs were feeling like they were burning, more and more as the day progressed.. I was thinking “maybe I had smudged myself to much” or its the fumes from the traffic, or the feathered bedding... then we heard a squeak, I thought was the chickens.. Nessie jumped up ran around, looking about, barking... then the sound stopped, again, ...I was nearly asleep on the daybed, my chest really hurting now, and feeling like I was going to die, finding it hard to breath, every time I coughed I got cold goosebumps and shivers, when I felt Nessie jump off me, and she was going frantic barking and growling, so I got up, to see what the commotion was... looked about outside, no-one around,... but Nessie was barking at the wood burning stove...then barking and growling at me, to tell me something was trapped inside, (was like nessie was doing a classic lassie, hehe,... “oh what Nessie! somethings trapped inside the wood burning stove?”, ) I could hear this same clattering inside.... so guessed there was something trapped in the stove....... so cautiously ( in case it was a rodent,) I opened the door and looked in.......

Peeping out from behind a charred log, in the sooty, blackness of the cold log stove, was a little bird, think it was a sparrow... I spoke soothingly to the little sparrow, who was looking very sooty, and opened the summer house doors wide, but she would’ nt fly out, so I reached in and pulled the log out, as I did she flew along the side of my arm, up over my shoulder, and right outside to freedom.... smiles ....damn I must have been feeling in empathic sympathy, with the little bird, because my lungs had been feeling like they were filling up with soot.... and I was finding it hard to breath... We sat in the garden, breathing deeply, I coughed and spluttered some, bought up a load of flem... and got myself a drink, til I could breath properly again,... then a short while later, I could hear sweet chirping singing sounds , on the branches over my head, from the little bird serenading me to say Thankyou, ... hehe... smiles, My lungs still feel sore from all the coughing, and choking, but feeling alot better than they were.
Jacqueline Woodcraft, Kent Stewart and 1 other
1 comment
1 share
Like
Comment
Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Game of Life ... an analogy, by Seaopal Tracey George 22 March 2016

pocket universe.

Messages from spirit, "completion of the first phase, time for transformation," Tracey George 16 May 2014