Creepy Fog
October nights were drawing in, the foliage, now decaying , rich reds, browns, and deep decadent golds...
Fetching my dog, we wrapped up warm for our evening stroll.. it was a clear but chilly night, star lit shadows stretching ahead in our path...
I was taking in the lovely vista, over the field, to the nearby village, as it was getting colder, we decided to turn round and walk home... I stopped to again gaze across the field.. and noticed a dense low laying white fog bank rising from the ground, like an icy cloud... standing... transfixed I watched the gathering vapors, as they rolled across the field .. getting closer, making me shiver as a chill washed up my spine.... causing goosebumps to raise, the hairs on the nape of my neck to quiver... brrr... strangely there was no fog rising anywhere else about me.. the sky still clear and bright, so turning back down the lonely track we started to walk, watching the ground fog billowing across the field... feeling a slight sense of apprehension, after watching to many ghost stories, and it being so close to Halloween.... I briefly stopped again, to gaze at the gathering fog ...watching the darker shadowy shapes moving about within the white glowing luminous fog bank, like an icy wave on a calm sea .. creeping ever nearer... now a little more than startled... I quickened my pace a tad... thinking about the movie .. The Fog,... when I got to the top of my garden path, I again looked back at the field, and the fog had suddenly vanished, as quickly as it had come ..everywhere clear under the stars....
Fetching my dog, we wrapped up warm for our evening stroll.. it was a clear but chilly night, star lit shadows stretching ahead in our path...
I was taking in the lovely vista, over the field, to the nearby village, as it was getting colder, we decided to turn round and walk home... I stopped to again gaze across the field.. and noticed a dense low laying white fog bank rising from the ground, like an icy cloud... standing... transfixed I watched the gathering vapors, as they rolled across the field .. getting closer, making me shiver as a chill washed up my spine.... causing goosebumps to raise, the hairs on the nape of my neck to quiver... brrr... strangely there was no fog rising anywhere else about me.. the sky still clear and bright, so turning back down the lonely track we started to walk, watching the ground fog billowing across the field... feeling a slight sense of apprehension, after watching to many ghost stories, and it being so close to Halloween.... I briefly stopped again, to gaze at the gathering fog ...watching the darker shadowy shapes moving about within the white glowing luminous fog bank, like an icy wave on a calm sea .. creeping ever nearer... now a little more than startled... I quickened my pace a tad... thinking about the movie .. The Fog,... when I got to the top of my garden path, I again looked back at the field, and the fog had suddenly vanished, as quickly as it had come ..everywhere clear under the stars....
Comments
Post a Comment